Francisco de Goya
Spanish
1746-1828
Francisco de Goya Locations
was an Aragonese Spanish painter and printmaker. Goya was a court painter to the Spanish Crown and a chronicler of history. He has been regarded both as the last of the Old Masters and as the first of the moderns. The subversive and subjective element in his art, as well as his bold handling of paint, provided a model for the work of later generations of artists, notably Manet and Picasso.
Goya married Bayeu's sister Josefa in July 25, 1773. His marriage to Josefa (he nicknamed her "Pepa"), and Francisco Bayeu's membership of the Royal Academy of Fine Art (from the year 1765) helped him to procure work with the Royal Tapestry Workshop. There, over the course of five years, he designed some 42 patterns, many of which were used to decorate (and insulate) the bare stone walls of El Escorial and the Palacio Real de El Pardo, the newly built residences of the Spanish monarchs. This brought his artistic talents to the attention of the Spanish monarchs who later would give him access to the royal court. He also painted a canvas for the altar of the Church of San Francisco El Grande, which led to his appointment as a member of the Royal Academy of Fine Art.
In 1783, the Count of Floridablanca, a favorite of King Carlos III, commissioned him to paint his portrait. He also became friends with Crown Prince Don Luis, and lived in his house. His circle of patrons grew to include the Duke and Duchess of Osuna, whom he painted, the King and other notable people of the kingdom.
After the death of Charles III in 1788 and revolution in France in 1789, during the reign of Charles IV, Goya reached his peak of popularity with royalty. Related Paintings of Francisco de Goya :. | Geiblerprozession | Self-Portrait with Doctor Arrieta | The Duchess of Alba | Die Kuriosen | Portrat des Pepito Costa y Bonelis | Related Artists: Lodewijk de VadderLodewijk de Vadder (1605, Grimbergen - 1655, Brussels) was a Flemish Baroque landscape painter and engraver.
He became a master of Antwerp's Guild of St. Luke in 1628, and learned painting from his father and brothers. He specialized in landscapes with woods, in the manner of his contemporary Jacques d'Arthois and his pupil Lucas Achtschellinck[1]. They are usually referred to collectively as "The Sonian Forest Painters". Rupert BunnyAustralian Painter, 1864-1947
Australian painter. After studying in Melbourne under G. F. Folingsby (d 1891), he moved to Europe in 1884 and studied in London under P. H. Calderon and in Paris under Jean-Paul Laurens, who introduced him to the Societe des Artistes Francais in 1887. His early works consisted mainly of mythological subjects and graceful images of pleasant Symbolist landscapes; he defected to the New Salon in 1901 and produced some less decorative works, including images of biblical subjects. A long series of paintings of women followed, but his style again changed abruptly when in 1913 he exhibited at the Salon d'Automne a series of images of dancers, The Rite, that shows the influence of Primitivism. Although not attracted to the avant-garde, Bunny showed an adventurous spirit in his unusual sense of colour, sense of rhythm and witty use of his subjects' poses. He continued to live in Paris and London until 1933. Ulrich Hubner(17 June 1872 Berlin - 29 April 1932 Neubabelsberg) was a German painter.
He was born into a family of artists, his academic training he received in 1892 in Karlsruhe with Robert Poetzelberger, Gustav Schönleber, and Carlos Grethe. He then studied at the private art school in Munich Friedrich Fehr. In 1899, he was a member of the Berlin Secession, and in 1906 and 1907 was on the board.
In 1899, he won the prize for advertising designs for cooperative advertising by Ludwig and Otto Stollwerck Henkell.
He painted in Berlin, Havel, and in the summers in Hamburg, Lebeck, Rostock and Travemende (where he had his principal residence from 1909 to 1912), and in particular, many harbor scenes.
He showed at Kunstverein in Hamburg in 1910. Some of his works are in the Behnhaus Museum, in Lebeck, and Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
|
|
|